The Best Movies Quotes of All Time: The Ultimate Collection
A movie is a series of images that are shown in rapid succession to produce the illusion of motion. The world’s first film was shot on a train and was just over 50 seconds long. It was called “The Arrival of a Train at La Ciotat Station” and was filmed on September 28th, 1895.
Since then, there have been many films made with different genres and styles. Some films are comedies, others are dramas or thrillers. There have also been some inspirational movies that can be motivational or thought-provoking.
In this section, we will look at some of the best quotes from some popular movies that can inspire us in our day-to-day lives:
What Makes A Great Movie Quote?
What Is The Importance Of Great Movie Quotes?
Quotes are a powerful tool that can be used to convey messages. The quotes are usually short and memorable. A great movie quote has a strong emotional impact on the viewer and stands out in their mind. The quote should be memorable and it should be able to make an impression on the viewer. It should also be able to reflect the theme of the movie or what it is trying to convey.
What Is The Importance Of Quotes?
- Quotes can be used to inspire, motivate or educate the audience.
- Quotes can also be used as a reminder of our own life’s journey.
- The best quotes from movies can teach us a lot about life, friendship, and more. They often provide great life lessons that we can use in our daily lives.
- Quotes are a great way to motivate ourselves and others. They can also be used to inspire people, remind them of their values, or just make them feel better.
This is why quotes are important because they can change lives and make people think about their actions in different ways.
Top 10 Famous Movie Lines That Created Film History
The following is a list of the top 10 most famous movie lines that created film history.
- “You’re gonna need a bigger boat” – Jaws
- “I am your father” – Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
- “I love you, Jake” – E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial 4. “Fasten your seatbelts, it’s going to be a bumpy night” – All About Eve
- “May the Force be with you” – Star Wars: A New Hope
- “Houston, we have a problem” – Apollo 13
- “You talking to me?” – Taxi Driver
- ” Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t realize you were tired” – Erin Brockovich
- “My God, what have they done to us?” – Logan’s Run
- “I can see how the rain has gone” – Somewhere Over The Rainbow
- “To infinity, and beyond.”- Buzz Lightyear, “Toy Story”
Top 10 Movies Quote of All Time
Movies are an art form, and they have the power to change a person’s perspective of the world. They can give us hope and show us that there is always a way out.
Movies are not just entertainment, movies are life. Here is the list of top 10 movie quotes:
- “Hasta la vista, baby” – Terminator
- “I see dead people” – The Sixth Sense
- “You can’t handle the truth!”- A Few Good Men
- “Play it again, Sam.”- Casablanca
- “I’m your huckleberry.” – Clint Eastwood, “Unforgiven”
- “I’m Alice. I’m Wonderland and you’re not” – Alice in Wonderland
- “Young man, if you do not know your history then you’ll be forced to repeat it.” – The Patriot
- “You’re not a killer. You just shot a cop; that’s different.” – Gone Baby Gone
- “You can’t handle the truth!” – Jack
- “It’s not over. It’s never over.”- Tony Montana,-“Scarface”
Greatest Female Movie Quotes Ever Spoken
It is not easy to make a list of the greatest female movie quotes ever spoken. It’s hard to narrow it down to just one or two quotes from each movie.
But, we have tried our best and come up with a list of the most popular and memorable quotes spoken by women in movies.
- “I want to take off my makeup and be whom I was born to be.”
- “I want to live. Live as me for once in my life.”
- “This is no ordinary place, it’s another world.”
- “I’ve never seen the sky quite so blue.”
- “I’m sorry. I just don’t know what you want me to say.”
- “I’m not going to let myself be intimidated by you, or your little henchman, or your silly little rules!”
- “You can’t live life with regret.”
- “It’s not that easy being green.”
- “I think it’s time we all just admit this is never going to work.”
- “I am the queen of it!”
- “I’m not a princess. I’m not a prize either.”
Greatest Male Movie Quotes Ever Spoken
This list is a compilation of the most memorable and quotable quotes from movies. The quotes are not ranked in any particular order, but each quote is memorable for different reasons.
This list is the greatest male movie quotes ever spoken.
- “I’m not going to say I’m sorry. I don’t regret what happened. I regret that you can’t see who I am now.” – The Joker, Batman: The Dark Knight
- “You have to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?” – Harry Callahan, Dirty Harry
- “You know, I was about to give up on you. But then I realized that there’s nobody better qualified to take over for me.” – The Joker
- “It’s not just a question of who lives and who dies. It’s a question of what kind of world we want to live in.” – John McClane
- “I’m Jack Dawson. I’m flying!” – Jack Dawson
- “I’m looking for somebody who knows something about boats.” – Al Capone
- “I’m not just a pretty face.” – Rocky Balboa
- “You’re talking to a guy who knows about things. I know about things.” – Tony Montana
- “I see dead people.” – Cole Sear
The Best Collection of the Best Movies Quotes Ever
The best movie quotes of all time are the ones that have stood the test of time. They are a part of our culture, and for some people, a part of their life.
The best movie quotes are not easy to find. You have to know what you are looking for and then you have to find it in the right context.
This is why we’ve compiled a list of the best movie quotes from critics to help you find your favorite quote or discover one that you didn’t know existed.
Saving Private Ryan (1998)
“Earn this… earn it.”
Saving Private Ryan is a 1998 American crime drama film directed by Steven Spielberg and written by Robert Rodat. It’s set during WWII and follows a squad of US Rangers on a mission to find Private First Class James Francis Ryan, who is the last man alive of four brothers.
The most famous quote from the movie, “Earn this… earn it.”, was ranked as the 9th best movie quote in AFI’s 100 Years… 100 Movie Quotes list in 2007.
The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Shawshank Redemption is a 1994 American drama film based on the Stephen King novel Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption.
In the film, Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins) is sentenced to two consecutive life sentences for the murders of his wife and her lover. He starts a new life in prison as an inmate, where he befriends Ellis Boyd “Red” Redding (Morgan Freeman) and finds himself caught up in a massive prison break.
“Here’s looking at you kid.”
This is one of the most famous lines from the iconic film Casablanca. The dialogue has been used in so many other scenes, as a reference to this classic film.
The landmark quote is delivered by Humphrey Bogart as Rick Blaine in the film when he sees Ingrid Bergman for the first time.
He then says “Here’s looking at you kid.”
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
“I know you’re trying to be strong for me, but don’t do that. You don’t have to be strong for me.”
This movie quote is from “Spider-Man: Homecoming” and it is said by Aunt May to Peter Parker. “I know you’re trying to be strong for me, but don’t do that. You don’t have to be strong for me.”
This quote is important because it shows that sometimes people need to hear that they don’t need to be strong all the time and that they can lean on other people when they need help.
“You’ll always be in my heart, right where you belong.”
This quote is from “Up” and it is said by Carl Fredricksen to his wife Ellie after she has died. “You’ll always be in my heart, right where you belong.”
This quote shows how Carl Fredricksen is still thinking of his wife even after she has died and that they will be reunited again in heaven. I know you want to be strong for me and I want that, too. But I don’t need you to put on a brave face when you’re struggling.
The Bottom Line
The best movie quotes of all time are the ones that stay with us forever. The ones that we quote to our friends, and the ones that we use as a way to express ourselves.
We gathered some of the best quotes from some of the most iconic films ever made and compiled them into one ultimate list. Whether you’re looking for something funny, triumphant, or iconic, this list has it all.